Monday, February 10, 2014

Getting fit!









Guys, I'm on a mission.
After watching Allyson at the Rock 'N Roll Marathon last week I decided I needed to kick my training into high(er) gear. My asthma has been a lot better since I started running more, I think I just needed to get my lungs used to that kind of work again. I'm going to start teaching swim lessons again and I can't wait to get back in the pool, that was the best lung excersize I've ever had. While trying to get myself in the mood to run and swim I realized one reason I've been hesitant to do it is because of my inadequate workout wardrobe. 
It may sound vain, but I don't really feel like working out in ripped leggings and an old t-shirt. I want to look cute (and sweaty as all heck) while running. I've been drooling over some new training clothes and I think before my race next month I will purchase a new outfit. Here are some of the things I've been crushing on:

I Run Better Than The Government Tank 
 HA! How perfect for my race in DC! You can find one (and tons of other cute tanks) HERE

Base Runner LS
I don't usually go for this brand, but I read some reviews of this top (plus an endorsement of it from a coworker who also works a Lulu) and I fell in love. The ruffles on the shoulders? I die. Come on, it matches my blog background! Find it HERE


Adult Custom Color Tutu

I saw a lot of runners in tutus! How fun! I am all for a great way to jazz up anything, including working out! I may be ordering one for my race! Check it out HERE

KT Pro Tape - Dick's Sporting Goods

KT Tape is a lifesaver. I have terrible arches and I get bad heel spurs, and this stuff actually helps a lot. They have a ton of videos on Youtube on how to tape for the problem you may have. Buy the take HERE

Swimming is my first love, I have been teaching lessons and coaching for about 5 years now and I love it. I will always teach part time! I love being in the pool and getting my aggression out with some hard core butterfly. Swimming is definetly my sport. 

St-tux

I own this suit by Splish and I get so many compliments (and laughs!) on it! You can get one HERE

What are your workout essentials? What makes you feel fancy when covered in sweat/chlorine?





No comments:

Post a Comment